Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Please Read Me!.... Re: SIP 43

  1. #41
    Inactive Member pajkub's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2001
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
    The bad news is, you're not going to know what really happens to Francine, Katchoo and David without reading the next 2 years of the series.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    bu...bu..*whine*...two years? Will we at least know what happens to David before then?
    I just re-read the entire series to try to make sense of things and now, more than ever, I want to know WHAT HAPPENS TO DAVID?!?! *waaaaaugh!*

    However, I had a great time reading everything over again, taking more time and seeing some of the details. I love all of the funny things you throw in here and there. Even when all the characters are in complete turmoil, there are still things to make you laugh. My fave was in issue #10 when Francine is trying to get her bikini and photos back and calls Casey at the gym. If you look in the background, Neil Gaiman's Death is tapping an exhausted old man on the shoulder and later in the scene, you see a stretcher being wheeled away. Hooooooo...I laughed for ages over that one!! hahahahhaha!

    Anyhoo, thanks for writing this message, Terry...I guess I feel a little better about issue #43 now...keep up the good work!

    --Lillian in Minneapolis



    ------------------

  2. #42
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow, i DID post on this thread. i think my computer hats me.
    I just came to collect my miata. i laughed about the editor, i thought the molly guest appearance rocked (i love my molly) and it was definitely an interesting issue. my friend and i think its either a dream or something like that, revisionist history by fran's head. i sure hope so anyway, because i like ashley, she's just CUTE as a button.
    (Mr. Beanth for president.)
    i got this issue a bit late, like, this weekend, so i didn't come read the comments over here until after i got the issue.
    i can't remember who made the Princess Bride reference up above, but kudos on that.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Ugh! Answers but they're not answers. Stories but they may or may not be true stories! Ugh!

    Well, at least it's interesting! And it's nice to see Fran and Kat as youngsters again smile even if it may or may not be real.

    ------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make

    Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! &gt;^..^&lt;

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's the fun about it!(What's real? Find out!) biggrin

    Something I noticed browsing thru Tropic of Desire after I got it today...the final scene in 42:
    Brad: "What if you go and never come back?"

    Fran: "Then... I guess... I was never really here."

    And then next thing we see is #43.

    Problem is, that could only enflame the anti-43 people.

    Still cool, though.

    ------------------
    Peace.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you know, its been so long since i read the last one Mibbit, i hadn't even connected that.
    i think traveling fried my brain.

    ------------------
    proud to call Ski my sidekick
    namesake of a rascally tabby, courtesy of Eden
    guarded by Bob the Tenuki
    Woodstock
    "Damn, tyle, I didn't know you contain atomic material."-Wiloe

    Gather Round

  6. #46
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you know, its been so long since i read the last one Mibbit, i hadn't even connected that.
    i think traveling fried my brain.
    i need to reread. after i read moby dick and write all these papers. gah!

  7. #47
    Inactive Member ~vinyldream~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Well, I just picked up SIP from the local comic shop...practically the only thing i buy anymore. Got home read it.
    *jaw dropped*
    "WTF?!?!?" was my reaction. SIP has thrown me a few times, but this one really had me... mystified.
    As for the promise, that the next issues will clear up the blindside... frankly, i'm curious as to how. So, atm, I will choke down my apprehension, and wait.
    Anyway, since this is my first post, Thanks to Terry Moore for creating something different and for the most part *wink* an enjoyable read.
    ****
    ps, where is my black Veronica t-shirt at, Terry?
    call me *evil* but that is one of my fave covers. } smile


    ------------------

  8. #48
    Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    788
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I must admit when I first read this ish I thought Oh! that can't be right I must've read it wrong. I'll have to read it again. Then I read it again and I hadn't read it wrong at all. I was a bit disappointed as I'd been hanging out to see the big reunion like everyone else (but at least it wasn't as much of a copout as that silly glossy colour superhero ish slotted in at a crucial story point) My friend waiting for me to finish it asked me what it was like and I had to say it was a bit of a 'Terry Moore you B*****D! issue' I am not to worried as Terry has previously seemingly written himself into a corner and then masterfully shown us that this was not the case but part of the whole grand plan.

    I for one am going for the Francie perhaps dreaming theory, my evidence for this is we presume she's on a plane to see Kat, she falls asleep, then Ashley and Koo have a conversation an Koo says "You have the power to change everything. Just follow your heart."
    Then later "Follow your heart, Francine" So my theory is Koo is in fact Francie's conscience telling her to follow her heart to Kat. Oh and more proof of possible subconcious thoughts teenage Francie says a similar thing to Kat 'people can change their lives', 'we can choose the paths we take, right?'
    Oh and I loved the poem at the end.

    Also any shock I felt over this issue was overshadowed by the shock of finding that a letter on the superb #40 that I wrote when in a rather emotional and vulnerable state, and then sent without proofreading(no paragraph breaks) or saving, 2 months ago was in fact taking up almost the entire front of the letters page. eek AAAARRRRGGH! eek

    ------------------
    Talent just defines what you do, it doesn't define what you are. Deep down, I mean. When you know what you are, you can do anything. - Rincewind the Wizzard, Discworld.

    [This message has been edited by Chaos Butterfly (edited September 23, 2001).]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member gollum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 1999
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for showing us Katchoo and Francine as elder women, happy and in love. I teared up.

    phew...i'm not the only one.

    i'll reserve plot comments till after you've wrapped this one up, Terry, but i will say that i was kind of irritated by the pages of just writing. i understand it was probably a necessary evil in order to keep from having to draw a few dozen more frames of art, but it was kind of distracting to go from something so visual to words on a fairly blank page...just my own personal pet peeve.

    -g

    ------------------
    Pray for the dead, but fight like hell for the living.
    -Mother Jones-

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Ravie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ok people!

    As I'm sneaking onto the computer at work during my lunch hour - I didn't have time to scan ALL the posts to see if anybody else made this point or not. If it was already made - I'm sorry ahead of time.

    BUT on I go:

    Older Katchoo has a conversation with Ashley about what she really said to David in the hospital. Did she know him all along or not? Did she say his real name? Etc.

    NOW - if all of the crime stuff didn't happen - what's the deal with this conversation? Why was David in the hospital after a plane crash (now I'm thinking - did Terry mention the plane crash in 43?)? Why would or wouldn't Katchoo have known who David was all along.

    Anyway - my theory is that Ashley's story is mostly correct. Maybe she threw in a couple of Koo details in there to spice things up since she wasn't in the past experiencing everything first hand. Who knows.

    And as for Koo being Casey's daughter. Why not Tambi's daughter? Also a genetic similarity there beyond just visual similarity.

    Just some things to think about.

    Erin Lillis
    (if Ashley and Koo go away - can they have a Molly & Poo type side-issue &lt;G&gt; ?)

    ------------------
    "Dinky Dean Bossetti!
    Is that the yellow
    sweater I bought for
    you last week? You
    dyed it black didn't you!
    After you promised me
    you wouldn't!"

    "Correction - I didn't
    promise. I said I'd try
    not to."
    -Welcome Home Roxy
    Carmichael

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •